Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Woman You Envisioned Plus...?

He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. Find a good spouse, you find a good life-and even more: the favor of God (Proverbs 18:22)! What is the mental picture of the woman that you are talking to, engaged to, or married to? Before Joseph even knew Mary he had a mental picture of the one he would marry possibly branded in him by his father's suggestions, his mother's model, societies thinking, the law of God, and/or his personal prayer time with God. It also could have been a combination of all of the above! Did I have a mental picture of the woman I wanted to marry inside my head? Yes I did! The words that created this image came from the mouth of my mother. Those words were, " Never marry a woman with children!" Why would she say those words to me when she married my father who had children from a previous marriage? Did she know what she was getting into when she decided to marry my father? Did she have a picture of the man she wanted to marry? Do you have a mental picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment