Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Buried Stuff

Are you keeping secrets or are you telling them? You say you are not hiding things, then are you bringing them into the open? The initial interview will take you both into deeper life shaking issues exposing both of your lives to each other. Life's earthquakes are those unexpected underground eruptions that we never come to understand. Life's shovel is the delibarate questions asked in the interview.

Anyone entering the extended, step, or covenant family should interview to expose their buried stuff regardless of the fear. Is this hard work? Yes it is! It will take planning, selflessness, many discussions, and time.

It is one thing to visually inspect the landscaping and be taken in by its beauty and strength. It is another thing to survey and dig up the ground to find out what character flaws are buried in it. It takes archaeological investigation to discover a find. The interview can lead to the discovery of spiritual and historical objects, ruins, cobwebs, and skeletons from the past! What secrets lie hidden in you and do you feel safe enough to bring them to the open?

10 comments:

  1. This blog is awesome. The Author is obedient and courageous. I appreciate the nature of this piece. I too utilized this concept of asking questions and not assuming out of desperation, the second time around. I can attest to the fact today that because I took the time to ask questions I have been happily married for 9years and God Did it! I could not have prayed for a better husband that loves me and our blended Family to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great foundation. Inspired and moved to purchase this book. A Co-Worker invited me to hear this Author speak on Biblical Principles and Family last year, and he was electrifying, we have some great material to look forward to. Much success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB! YES, I WOULD LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU, I LIKE WHERE YOU ARE GOING. LONG OVER DUE TOPIC, BUT CERTAINLY WHAT THE WORLD STILL NEEDS NOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Mr. D.W Jenkins thank you.....for being an example, and so transparent. Pray for more Copy Cats that will take a stand like you in an attempt to save the family, it is OK to copy, when you are following the right cat, continue to allow God to use you in helping others and in the restoration of broken homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Darrell & Auntie Diana I am proud of you, keep spreading love please don't change you're my favorite couple and a lot of fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to purchasing your book for my own personal library and growth. In addition I will purchase a few extra to bless others

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a single father of two boys 10 & 12 currently trying to pick up the pieces and start dating. I have not been serious with anyone since my Ex-Wife and I divorced. My problems is that the women I have gone out on a date with are so self centered and they really frown on men with children because they feel like that will cut into their gifts and time. Hope I can find some of those answers as well in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited about this book...................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul Lee of Pensacola, FloridaMarch 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM

    I am still hopeful on this sombering time in reference to the Tsunami in Japan and the Atrocity Alert for Hawaii & California as a result. However, it is good to know that the family can and will stand. For we know that a Family that Prays together Stays together. Grateful to this writer for touching on this issue and these values that will stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job and Thumbs up - what a beautiful website, the slide show was compelling and I cannot wait to receive a copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete